Have you ever noticed that in the winter you see a mass of black coats when you’re out and about? If there is a must-have coat that should be in every man's closet, then it’s a black coat. It’s plain black, a classic style, and one you can pair with just about anything.
1) Don't be afraid to choose a long coat that's a little bit out of your comfort zone.
2) If your coat can't do the talking, get noticed with a nice scarf. A grey knitted circle scarf or a printed silk one will both look equally good.
3) An all over black and grey outfit might seem dull, but it is a great classic look that will make you look effortlessly stylish. Denim, leather and wool in different muted tones all combine to make you look as if you're just stepped off the catwalk.
4) A well-tailored coat looks incredible all by itself!
5) One of the biggest advantage of wearing a long black coat is that it can give you that professional look that is perfect if you are looking for a nice outfit for work. As an example, you can wear a black long coat with a grey chunky knit sweater.
Pair the above pieces with black skinny jeans and a pair of black suede ankle boots to complete outfit elegantly and stylishly.
7) If your intention is not to look that professional or serious, but you prefer a slightly more casual look, you can pair your black long wool coat with some casual pieces.
For example, wear the long coat with a white sweater. Pair them with a pair of grey straight leg pants and a pair of black suede ankle boots to complete the outfit.
8) To look stylish and casual, how about pairing your black coat with a classic black and white striped long sleeve tee for the top. For the rest of the outfit, wear a pair of black skinny jeans and a pair of black boots.
9) If you want to look more eye catching, one of the easiest ways to do that is to wear something red along your black coat.
10) To achieve an artistic and cozy look, wear a white v neck fitted knit sweater with black skinny jeans as the core of the outfit.